Here is a link to a podcast that ran in March 2020 produced by the Conference Board (for some reason, I’ve been a bit challenged in embedding the podcast, but it seems to be working now).
Listen to the podcast and the following video (about 25 minutes + 1.6 minutes
-9 21 21 HCW Building a More Civil and Just Society Bradley Hubbard 2 – YouTube
-COVID-19: The Crisis Communications Response – YouTube
- How helpful do you think the March 2020 insights were in helping business leaders anticipate the various dimensions of the Covid-19 crisis?
- What predictions were “on the nose” when it came to Conference Board members’ insights about the crisis?
- Given that hindsight is 2020 (it is now 2021!) What insights did they get “right”? What might be “corrected” or “adjusted”?
- How was the crisis “framed” by Conference Board members? Were there multiple “frames”? Do/does the frame(s) fit the criteria for an “appealing” frame (as discussed on page 109 in Coombs)
- Discuss the “persuasiveness” of the Conference Board’s podcasts — in terms of *credibility *emotion *reason? — and its role in data gathering to help U.S. businesses anticipate and deal with crises.