Module 4 – Case
ECONOMIC JUSTICE AND ORGANIZATIONAL STRATEGY
Economic Justice is a global issue. The struggle for Economic Justice in modern America is not a new movement. Paradigm-shifting events in 2020 pushed companies and organizations to address inequities and assess their track records while devising a different course for the future. Defining Economic Justice and Social Justice.
Case 4 Resources
Six Companies Stepping Up with Investments in Economic and Social Justice (2021)Gender equality, sustainability and social justice: A roadmap for recovery (2021)Towards a global consensus based on economic justice and shared prosperity (2021)Global economic justice: from aspirations to transformative action (2021)When Protesters Occupied D.C. for Six Muddy Weeks to Demand Economic Justice (2021) Historical PerspectiveEconomic Justice (2020)
Understanding Inequity and Economics
The assignment consists of a domestic and international component. This session’s Organization and Country are found in the data set. Companies and countries are talking about equality. Is it more than talk?
Research the organization using news reports; its website/publications; and government, professional, or scholarly sources.
· Discuss the company’s track record on economic justice and equity. Define the measures used to assess the entity. (1 page)
· Outline its recent investments or plans to improve economic inequity. (1/2 page)
· Based on the firm’s historical actions, evaluate its odds for meaningful change. (1/2 page)
Research the country using news reports; global organization data/sites; and government, professional, or scholarly sources including GINI index (World Bank estimate) – Country Ranking and Time Series Comparison
· Discuss the country’s track record on economic justice and equity. Define the measures used to assess the country. (1 page)
· Compare it to other countries in the region. (1/2 page)
· Based on the country’s value system, evaluate its odds for meaningful change in the near term. (1/2 page)
No quotations are permitted in this paper. Since you are engaging in research, be sure to cite and reference the sources in APA format. NOTE: failure to use research with accompanying citations to support content will result in reduced scoring “Level 2-Developing” across the grading rubric. This is a professional paper; not a personal one based on feelings. It must be written in the third person; this means words like “I”, “we”, and “you” are not appropriate.
Use the attached APA-formatted template (BUS530 Case4) to create your submission.
· The template is set up in APA 7: double-spacing, font, margins, headings, page breaks, APA help links.
Your submission will include:
· Trident University International’s cover page
· A paper with APA citations (2- to 3-sentence introduction, 4-page body, 2- to 3-sentence conclusion)
· The reference list page in APA format